Monday, November 25, 2013

Today

It's 8:30 p.m. and I finally sat down for the first time today.  I have been on a spruce it up-clean it up kick lately and today was no different.  I love how my kitchen island turned out!  I keep looking at it, and then I leave the room and come back in to admire it. 
 I know, that's pathetic. 
 I don't care.
I got my kitchen chairs done today.  I love them so much better than the chunky ones I had.
After I finished them, I decided to tackle my front room.  I want to get all of the red stuff OUT of my house!  I'm so very, very sick of it, and am feeling the need to update.
Well, you may remember the lamp table that I threw in the garbage the other day...you can read about it HERE.  I went to take some gargabe out yesterday, and it was just sitting there next to the trash can looking so sad.  I took pity on the poor little table and decided to give it a 3rd chance.  I still had Uncle B's tools, so I decided to cut a new top for it.  A little primer and a fun paint called "Silver Fox", and I have a cute, new lamp table.  I'm so glad I didn't sent it away in the garbage truck!
Then I remembered that I had some extra long curtain panels that I never used, as well as a curtain rod that I removed from above my kitchen sliding door...oh my goodness, that got my wheels turnin'!  I threw them in the washer, got my ladder, and got to work.  Bye bye RED and GREEN stuff...HELLO new living room!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sick of red too. Come visit and help me de-red my house! Chances are by the time I do it, red will be back in-- hey maybe even burgundy and forest green. oh ya!

    ReplyDelete