Sunday, November 24, 2013

Our Busy Weekend

It has been raining for days...very odd for our neck of the woods.  My pool is full to the brim, and my lawn is flooded!  I love it, though, because it makes it feel like fall.
Kevin had to go to work for a few hours, so I decided to tackle another project that I've been wanting to do:  My Kitchen Island!
I borrowed some power tools from "Uncle B" and got to work. 
I used the left over bead board from Treyson and Tate's room project, as well as the trim I used for their room and started cutting and trimming.
Kevin got home before I  could finish and was surprised to find a mess in the kitchen....but he wanted me and the littles to go watch him play in his semi-final racquetball match, so I put everything aside and went to support my hubby.
 
He ended up taking 2nd in his division...pretty awesome if you ask me!
After his match we decided to stop and see a movie.  Hunger Games: Catching Fire came out on Thursday, and we've all been patiently waiting to see it.  It was AWESOME.  Really super awesome.  It was 2.5 hours long, but didn't feel like it at all.  It was action packed and oh, so good!
After the movie we ended up at our friends, the Kirby's.  We love them and are so sad that they are moving back to Utah.  It's going to be a sad, sad day when they go...for all of us. 
It was a fun day, but my project still wasn't finished.
So, Sunday afternoon I ended up finishing.  I am really pleased with how it turned out.  It really changes the look of my kitchen.
Half way done:
Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment