Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Throwing In The Towel

I love re-purposing furniture.  It's a new found passion and I've had a blast doing it lately.  However, today was a first for me.  I actually had to throw in the towel on a project that I had great hopes for.
Meet the culprit:
It was going to get a new coat of Graphite Chalk Paint and go in my front room to hold my newly re-purposed lamp. (lamp project coming soon)
As I usually do, I grabbed my hose and wood cleaner and started to clean it up to get it ready for paint. 
That's when it revealed it's true self...
COMPLETELY ROTTED WOOD under the top layer of wood. 
 Complete with black and green MOLD!!
At this point I decided to pop out the middle rotted section of the table and replace it with a piece of bead board.  However, once I popped it out I discovered MORE MOLD and decided to throw in the towel. 
I'm thankful that my Goodwill find only set me back $3.00.
Now, on to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment