Monday, April 29, 2013

Falling Apart

We have been in our house for nearly 8 years now, and I feel like everything is falling apart!
My pool looks like a swamp.
Two different pool guys and $500...well, it's almost clear.  He's coming back tomorrow to check it again.
The wall in our guest bedroom has a mysterious crack in it. It just showed up one day.  We have no idea why, and no idea how to fix it.
There's also some crack lines from where our house has settled.  My dad has tried to fix them a few times, but they are very persistent.  I don't know how to fix them, either.
The carpet on my stairs is nearly worn through, and is so dirty that I don't think it will ever come clean.  I can't afford to re-carpet, so it will just have to hang on.  I have been tempted to rip out the carpet on the stairs and just paint the wood underneath.  It may come to that...
I can't keep up with the cleaning, laundry, or dusting. 
 It's like a slap in the face when my children decide to write their names in the accumulated dust.
On the bright side, the same child that writes his name in the dust also makes his bed EVERY day, so I guess I can let the dust writing go.
 
But...I know that there is a time and season for everything, and right now, it's BASEBALL season, so all this nonsense can wait!

1 comment:

  1. do the stairs- pull up, paint the risers white and stain the step walnut. It would look awesome. You could do it in 2 days I bet. wish I could come help you.

    ReplyDelete