Monday, April 22, 2013

Crazy Doctor Visit Day

This morning started with a visit to the Pediatrician with Ty to figure out what is wrong with him.  He has been sick for weeks and not improving, and I had had enough!  After the doctor tried to tell me that it was just bad allergies, I told him that I didn't think it was...I had them test him for strep, mono, and valley fever.
Well, it has been said that "momma knows best" and it turns out that I was right.
He has mono.
 And a double ear infection. 
 And bad allergies. 
 And he had lost 10 lbs. in the three weeks since we were at the pediatrician last.
I should have been a doctor. 
After I took Ty home and got him settled, I fed Payton lunch and then we headed to the Veterinarian with Lucy to have her ear looked at.
It is swollen up like giant pork rind.
She's hilarious because she thinks going to the Vet is fun.  She panted and panted and panted, and licked the face off of the poor Vet.  He seemed to like it, though, so I didn't stop her.
It turns out that she has a dog's version of cauliflower ear.  It was (apparently) caused by some traumatic injury (????  she doesn't even leave the house except to use the potty). 
The options were to leave it (which is what the vet said he would do), or do surgery ($1100). 
We opted to leave it. 
When the swelling goes down it's going to look like a crinkly, hard, potato chip.
Nice.
Anyway, she's still fat and happy, and she doesn't care what her ear looks like, so I guess it's all good.
It was a busy, busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment